Kisco Senior Living, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse [PT | 8-hr shifts (Every Other Weekend w/ Weekday Availability - All Shifts]
at Kisco Senior Living, LLC
Abbotswood at Irving Park is a full-service senior living community offering a unique environment for residents to share their passions while enjoying a quality lifestyle. If you are someone who has a passion for seniors and customer service, we are looking for you! We are looking for genuine, motivated, caring people to join our team.
The licensed nurse administers quality nursing services to residents as directed by the resident’s individual service plans. Performs this care in accordance with the physician’s orders and the Service Plan under the direction and supervision of the Memory Care Coordinator and Assisted Living Director.
High pay-off activities:
- Performs resident assessments and service plans
- Coordinates resident care needs with resident assistants and other staff
- Trains Staff
- Assists with medication management program and protocols
Essential duties and functions:
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper attire and name tag.
- Approaches all encounters with residents and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Complies at all times with KISCO standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient property operations
- Assesses residents to identify the physical, psychosocial and environmental needs of patients
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in communicating, identifying, reporting and documenting problems, adverse reactions or possible complications related to resident care
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency procedures and responds appropriately as well as reports life threatening situations with appropriate response
- Follows all environmental and safety guidelines/standards per KSL policy and procedure
- Identifies and recommends other disciplines needed for quality care of the resident
- Documents evaluation of nursing interventions including resident response
- Assesses resident and staff knowledge base of disease process, treatment regimen and/or medication administration and assist with care plans
- Provides resident care activities under the direction of the Assisted Living Director using current nursing standards
- Attends all required in-service programs and maintains continuing education units for licensure renewal as applicable to State regulations
- Assists with Medication Management Program
- Participates in the Assisted Living performance improvement process
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or required
Must be able to read and write in English and follow written and verbal instructions in English effectively. Must be computer literate and be comfortable working with general office equipment. Must be able to deal with difficult people in a calm and effective manner. May be required to occasionally work with abusive, combative or psychologically disturbed residents / families; must have ability to work under conditions of quick decision-making and resource acquisition. Requires critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Requires excellent interpersonal skills and appropriate supervisory skills. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities with calmness and courtesy at all times. May work with residents whose conditions may require possible exposure to fumes, odors, blood and body fluids and infectious diseases. Requires working flexible schedule to meet resident’s needs; must be able to take rotating call and emergency call.
Graduate of an accredited RN/LVN/LPN program. Must have current license as a registered or licensed nurse in good standing for the state in which employed. Should have a minimum of one-year experience as a nurse in a senior care setting. Assisted living and/or dementia experience preferred.