Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at HAECO Americas
- Job ID
- Pos. Category
- TIMCO Aerosystems Manufacturing
- Position Type
- Full Time - Direct
The Manufacturing Engineer performs complex assignments often requiring development of new or improved products/processes/techniques. Responsible for performing standard engineering assignments usually representing a significant portion of a larger project. Also responsible for selecting engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develops manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes. Compiles and evaluates test and production data; prepares technical analysis.
- Create assembly work instructions.
- Design tools and fixtures for assembly and acceptance testing.
- Develops routings and labor standards and updates the Vantage system.
- Develops Job Cards from design engineering drawings and writes and/or modifies assembly work instructions and acceptance test procedures.
- Performs Line Balancing and Product Line Layouts for increased efficiency and flow.
- Provides engineering support in the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of assembly operations.
- Provides input to plans, process specifications and procedures, production aids and assembly fixtures, ERP support studies, factory cost work standard’s development, and other related activities.
- Provides assembly support in technical matters relating to assembly drawing interpretation, engineering change orders, rework, manufacturing difficulties and specifications.
- Uses DFM/DFA Techniques to assist Project/Design Engineering on the development of new products and the redesign of existing products.
- Analyzes customer returns for root cause and leads corrective action efforts in cooperation with program management and quality
- Advises assembly supervisor to best utilize lean principles to eliminate waste, improve quality, safety, ergonomics and throughput
- Provides coaching, counseling, and guidance to assigned work group, monitoring progress and giving guidance on work performance.
- Promotes a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines as specified by the "HAECO Americas" Safety Manual.
- Attends required meetings to discuss critical path areas, planned work, critical parts, and overall program status.
- Interacts with Business Planner, Quality Supervisor, and Assembly Supervisor to set and prioritize daily activities and product delivery schedule.
- Creates and leads a continuous improvement with emphasis on assembly flow to achieve desired TAKT
- Participates in daily production meetings and implements relevant production schedules for the business unit.
- Leads continuous improvement analysis to identify and resolve assembly line process problems, including implementation of Lean and/or Six Sigma best practices.
- Ensures adherence to all HAECO quality and FAA regulations.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering Degree (BS) from a four-year college or university and a minimum of five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with mechanical systems and lean manufacturing principles.
- Familiarity with a diverse range of materials (i.e. aluminum alloys, stainless steel alloys, engineering polymers, composites, etc.).
- Must have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and technical data.
- Must be capable of applying statistical analysis techniques such as Design of Experiments, Optimization, Process Reliability, Hypothesis Testing and Regression Analysis.
- Experience with 3-D Modeling software (Uni-graphics, Solid Works, or Solid Edge) is required.
- Must have strong analytical and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience within commercial aircraft seating (assembly) environment.
- Lean implementation with emphasis on standard work & line balancing.
- Experience establishing operational objectives and performance metrics.
- DMAIC problem solving.