Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist
at HAECO Americas
- Job ID
- Pos. Category
- Human Resources
- Position Type
- Full Time - Direct
The primary purpose of this position is to administer established benefit programs, employment activities, and special projects. Promotes positive employee relations by ensuring consistent practices and by providing information and assistance to company employees and supervision.
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Coordinate and administer company insurance benefits
2. New enrollment completion
4. Information to payroll and Benefit Administrator
5. Updates from Benefit Administrator
6. Audits of eligibility and updates
7. Advise, counsel and communicate to employees as needed
8. Troubleshoot employee benefit issues
9. Data entry, tracking and reporting in benefits database
10. Monitor and audit Company insurance benefit plans such as health & vision insurance, STD, LTD, Life, voluntary life, dental plan and Flex spending accounts, etc.
11. Perform benefits orientation for new hires. Perform other portions as requested.
12. Monitor and track FMLA/LOA request for salaried and hourly personnel and coordinate information as needed with other departments
13. Send letters to employees for status updates
14. Calculate, request and track premium payments
15. Terminate benefits as needed
16. Complete STD applications
18. Request weekly status update reports
19. Interface with insurance carrier, employees and payroll
20. Coordinate and/or administer Family Medical Leave Act recordkeeping requirements and assure managers and supervisors administer FMLA requirements correctly on employee evaluations
21. Coordinate activities with outside benefit vendors
a. Credit Union
b. Prepaid Legal
c. Supplemental Insurance Benefits
22. Utilize the HRIS system for tracking and auditing needs; make adjustments/corrections/additions to data in the system as needed.
23. Assist in monitoring personnel data entered into HRIS system by human resources and recruiting; assure the changes are communicated as appropriate.
24. Generate reports and complete audits as necessary in areas of responsibility.
25. Post official communications as directed in appropriate areas.
26. Monitor general upkeep of HR department appearance and files.
27. Participate in seminars and workshops to stay abreast of changes in State and federal regulations pertaining to benefit plans, current labor laws, regulations and other labor relation trends.
28. Perform other duties as requested.
1. Duties require equivalent of an Associate Degree plus specialized courses in office procedures and practices, and routine office equipment. Should have advanced knowledge of typical PC/business software applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and typical desktop publishing packages). Typing speed of 50 wpm is required.
2. Requires at least five years performing human resources and/or payroll responsibilities. Should possess knowledge of EEO/AAP programs/laws, HIPPA, COBRA and generalist knowledge of the human resources functions. Must have excellent knowledge of typical employee benefits and employee relations functions. Must have knowledge of HRIS Software for maintenance and reporting functions.
3. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills are needed to interact with a wide variety of people.
4. Must have good organizational skills, be able to prioritize work, and accurately perform duties with constant activity in the area. Must use job knowledge to determine correct actions to be taken on a timely basis. Must possess ability to interpret policies and ensure proper and uniform enforcement.
5. Must work with confidential data (wages and other personal information) and assure it is safeguarded to protect the privacy of employees.
6. Read, write and understand the English Language.