Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GSE and Fuel Ops Support Mechanic, Military Programs
at HAECO Americas
- Job ID
- Pos. Category
- Position Type
- Full Time - Direct
Troubleshoot and repair gasoline and diesel engines, automotive electrical systems, hydraulic systems and drive train. Responsible for the maintenance, repair and monitoring of the physical plant and grounds as directed by the Director of Maintenance. Maintain and keep records of all fuel equipment, arrange equipment for easy access and availability.
- Fleet maintenance of diesel/gasoline powered vehicles and self-propelled equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair wiring on automotive units and troubleshoot mechanical equipment.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic components.
- Support the maintenance and upkeep of the plant grounds and associated equipment.
- Responsible for inspection and maintenance of fire extinguishers and safety related equipment.
- Support the maintenance and repair of electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Assist in basic remodeling and construction projects.
- Ensure that the coordination and communication between all Departments that utilize fuel services is continuous, produces acceptable productivity, and a smooth transition between shifts.
- Secure, monitor and control fuel areas, maintain accurate storage levels and proper display and tracking of equipment, and take daily quality samples of fuel in storage.
- Operate and maintain fuel truck and all related components.
- Maintain complete facility Fuel Farm operations in accordance with ATA-103, NFPA-407, NFPA-408 and Jet Fuel Manual.
- Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines as specified by the HSS Team Member Safety Manual.
- The incumbent will be on 24-hour call, seven days a week.
- Act as GSE Trainer when needed and if qualified.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have three (3) years of experience as fleet maintenance or automotive/diesel engines.
- Working knowledge of Detroit, Cat, Cummins and Perkins diesel engines as well as familiarity with gasoline engines (2.3 Ford, 300 Ford, VH4S Wisconsin, Briggs & Stratton).
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Must be familiar with hand tools and testing.
- Must possess own toolbox with minimum tools for GSE Maintenance.
- Must be able to perform duties using high reach lifts.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints.
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Must be able to interact with a wide variety of personnel in a professional manner.
- Must be a self-starter that can work with minimum supervision
- Must be on 24-hour call seven days a week.
- Basic proficiency with computers.
- Knowledge of Fuel Farm operations in accordance with ATA-103, NFPA-407, NFPA-408 and Jet Fuel Manual
- Working knowledge of all building maintenance trades.