Guilford County Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Technical Support Technician (00004198)
at Guilford County Schools
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The primary function of this position is to support end-users in their day-to-day computing needs and issues, handling work orders, help desk tickets and participating on Projects that require end user computing needs.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
An employee in this position supports end-users in their day-to-day computing needs and issues. Also this position is used to ensure a good work flow of critical applications and assist Operations Manager in assigning work orders and help desk tickets to technicians. Additionally, this position also will be responsible for gathering feedback from departmental customers on a regular basis and provide that feedback to the Operations Manager for ongoing improvement.
- Examples of Duties
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Assign help desk tickets and Work orders to technicians and as necessary, work on tickets and work orders.
- Assist and resolve help desk tickets and help in identification of root causes of issues.
- Install or move new/used equipment or software as per requests from Work orders or Projects.
- Work with Project Manager on projects and tasks assigned to Desktop team.
- Follow up with departmental customers to ensure satisfaction and relay feedback to Operations Manager.
- Inventory management of IS equipment located throughout Guilford County.
- Other work as assigned by Operations Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive working knowledge of Windows 7, 8 and 10, including installation and configuration.
- Knowledge of imaging / deployment tools such as SCCM, Ghost, Windows Deployment Services etc.
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Considerable knowledge of day to day operation of help desk, and work order systems.
- Basic knowledge of Server Operation systems including Windows Server 2012/2016 and Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of Project Management best practices.
- Skill in effective and professional customer service communications.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in written form.
- Ability to work and communicate with individuals of various backgrounds.
- Typical Qualifications
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related degree and 6 years of experience working in desktop support; OR, Two-year degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 8 years of working in desktop support; OR, High school education and 10 years' experience in desktop support. Experience in Desktop OS deployment and Windows server platforms is required.
Preferred: CompTIA A+ Certification, Excellent customer service skills, and the ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Supplemental Information
Special Note: This generic class description gives an overview of the job class, its essential job functions and recommended job requirements. However, for each individual position assigned to this class, there is available a completed job description with physical abilities checklist which can be reviewed before initiating a selection process. They can provide additional detailed information on which to base various personnel actions and can assist management in making legal and defensible personnel decisions.