Guilford County Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Eligibility Caseworker
at Guilford County Schools
*An assessment will be administered to candidates selected during the interview process.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Employees in this class function as a lead worker in any of the sections of the Economic Services Program, ie., Food Stamps, Family and Children Medicaid and/or Adult Medicaid, daycare and Q/A training.
- Examples of Duties
- Provide timely and appropriate training and assistance to Eligibility Caseworkers in the Economic Services Division to include NC FAST processes
- Also provide training for employees of Economic Services to ensure State and Federal benefits are issued timely and with quality
- Conduct policy training for new hires as well as refresher training for regular staff
- Complete reports, including but not limited to NC Fast data/dashboards
- Mentor new employees in both intake and review areas
- Cover for other lead caseworkers in their absence
- Cover units when all supervisors are absent due to meetings
- Assist with second-party review of completed actions
- Assist eligibility workers with questions regarding customer benefits, policy issues or customer escalations, website access and technology issues to include NC Fast
- Handle customer escalations to resolution
- Adhere to duties to support business strategies/needs
- Determine and implement systematic improvements
- Serve as a change agent to align with County, State and Federal guidelines
- Typical Qualifications
- Four year degree from an accredited college or university and one year of experience as an Eligibility Caseworker
- Two year degree and three years experience as an Eligibility Caseworker
- High school graduation or equivalent and five years of experience as an Eligibility Caseworker.
- Prefer at least two years experience in Adult Medicaid and/or Family & Children Medicaid processing applications or recertification
- Valid driver's license
- Supplemental Information
Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motion.
Must be able to perform sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Must possess the visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, operate a computer terminal, and do extensive reading.
This generic class description gives and overview of the job class, its essential job functions, and recommended job requirements. However, for each individual position assigned to this class, there is available a completed job questionnaire with a physical abilities check list which can give further details about that one specific position. Those documents should be reviewed before initiating a selection process. They can provide additional detailed information on which to base various personnel actions and can assist management in making legal and defensible personnel decisions.