Guilford County Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facilities Contract Specialist
at Guilford County Schools
General Statement of Duties
Secures and coordinates work as specified in contracts related to services procured for operations and maintenance of assigned facilities and grounds.
Distinguishing Features of the Class
An employee in this class is responsible for preparing, monitoring and managing departmental contracts for purchases of goods and services in the administration of contracts for large county department. Work involves directing and managing the administration and development of contracts through a formalized Request to Contract process, in compliance with County policies and with the laws regarding the bidding and issuing of contracts in local government. The employee in this position must be able to communicate and interact with individuals at all organizational levels. Successful implementation of contracts will require the individual to understand, interpret, and communicate legal, fiscal, and program requirements. Some independent judgment is required as to how and when established procedures or guidelines are to be applied, and in setting priorities of tasks among multiple assigned projects. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Building Maintenance Division Director and is evaluated through meetings, periodic audits of completed assignments and compliance with established rules and regulations. This classification is considered non-exempt in compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Examples of Duties
- Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Create, negotiate, process, and manage contractual agreements and procurement proposals for service contracts.
- Performs and documents routine field inspections/assessments of assigned county facilities and parks to verify contractual compliance for contracted services such as grounds maintenance, elevator maintenance, custodial, waste management, and pest control.
- Ensure that contracted vendors and suppliers comply with Guilford County security and insurance requirements.
- Process purchase requisitions, submit contracts and review/approve monthly invoices for contracted vendors.
- Prepares budget recommendations for maintaining and updating facilities and/or budgets for contracted services.
- Responds to and resolves staff service requests for contracted services as well as communicating with and resolving any performance issues with contract service providers.
- Provides periodic reports and documentation related to contracted services.
- Analyze and audit bid proposals, financial reports and other data related to contracted services.
- Represents department and/or serves on committees as required.
- Communicates and interacts with personnel at all organizational levels as needed for contract management and to provide excellent customer service.
- Understands, interprets, and applies provisions of federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations pertinent to the procurement and administration of contract services.
- Monitors work, goods or services received to assure compliance with all deliverables as designated in the contract
- Performs related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of federal, state, and local procurement regulations policies.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of contract administration.
- Considerable knowledge of administration and management.
- Ability to communicate and interact with individuals at all organizational levels and various backgrounds.
- Computer skills and financial analysis skills as required by department.
- Considerable working knowledge of building systems, housekeeping, grounds maintenance, and general maintenance.
- Ability to develop written scope of work for contracted services to provide the desired service level.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people.
- Ability to handle delicate situations and provide solutions.
- Ability to perform tasks and activities frequently under deadline pressure.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, contractors and the general public.
- Ability to utilize software for entering contracts, purchase requisitions, etc.
- Typical Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Construction Management, Facilities or a related field and one year of experience in contract management or procurement; OR Associate degree in Business Administration, Administrative Technology or a related area and three years of experience in contract management or procurement; OR high school graduation and five years of related experience in contract management or procurement. Valid Driver's License.
- At least one year of similar contract management experience
- At least one year of contract management experience for custodial services, grounds maintenance, waste management, pest control, and/or elevator maintenance
- Previous training related to custodial services, grounds maintenance, waste management, pest control, and/or elevator maintenance
- Custodial services certification or credential such as from the International Executive Housekeepers Association (IEHA) or ISSA
- Grounds maintenance certification or credential such as from the Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS)
- Contract management certification or credential
- A bachelor's degree in business or related field
- Supplemental Information
- Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Work in this class is described as light using a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects and frequently requires some physical exertion to complete tasks. Work typically involves the ability to physically perform the basic life operational functions of reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motions. Employee regularly operates a variety of machinery and equipment, including telephones, computers, calculators, copiers, facsimile machines, etc. Work necessitates visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned in preparing and analyzing figures, accounting, transcription, computer terminal viewing and extensive reading. Working conditions include primarily inside environmental conditions but also frequent exposure to outside conditions. Requires ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time to perform inspections.