Guilford County Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ERP Analyst (00005670)
at Guilford County Schools
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
This is a professional and technical position responsible for developing and maintaining computer applications. This position provides user support of purchased systems and assists in enhancing the overall user productivity of the system.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THIS CLASS
The employee in this class is responsible for the role of a business analyst and programmer to analyze applications requirements of various complexities and translate these requirements into various program specifications that meet the requirements. The employee is also responsible for the role of a Task/Activity leader to gather resources to complete assignments.
- Examples of Duties
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Performs business systems analysis on a department's business methods, operating procedures and functions as directly related to applications' assignments in order to translate business applications requirements into formal specifications to be used to assist with selecting purchased systems or to be used as designs for developed systems.
- Gathers resources, performs analysis, programs or directs the programming, performs testing for purchased or developed systems.
- Performs workflow analysis and diagrams end user processes to make recommendations to improve methods and procedures for assigned systems.
- Develop or gather the necessary documentation for system, technical, end user and operations for either purchased or developed applications
- Develop test plans and data for unit tests, integration tests; assist with developing plans for system tests and acceptance tests.
- Translate design specifications into program logic and specifications.
- Develop and prototype programs presenting results to management and end users for review.
- Perform unit test programs and integration stress tests; assist with the overall systems tests and acceptance testing.
- Modify existing programs for enhancements, to correct problems, and/or to improve efficiency in operations
- Work jointly with team members from various departments including IS in problem solving to provide effective communication and higher productivity
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and IS staff in providing high quality, responsive information services.
- Develop sophisticated business reports based on complex requirements
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to assume task leader responsibility for small to medium applications systems to implement purchased or acquired applications systems throughout the entire system development life cycle.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft .NET framework and Microsoft SQL.
- Good working knowledge of Enterprise ERP applications such as SAP, Lawson, Tyler Munis etc), Spreadsheet Designer and Image capture and display software (Ex: MHC Image Express).
- Considerable knowledge of modeling tools.
- Ability to test debug, and correct both batch and on-line programs
- Ability to develop programs on multiple platforms using appropriate programming languages and databases
- Knowledge of the use, application, and operation of PC hardware and software
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent intradepartmental and interdepartmental working relationships
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of project management principles, including Agile and traditional Waterfall.
- Typical Qualifications
Four-year degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field with at least 3 years of experience performing the functions of systems analyst and at least 4 years of experience as a programmer.
OR a two-year degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field with at least 5 years of experience performing the functions of systems analyst and at least 6 years of experience as a programmer:
OR High School diploma or GED with at least 7 years of experience performing the functions of systems analyst and at least 8 years of experience as a programmer.
Certification from Project Management Institute such as CAPM or PMP and/or from Microsoft for .NET certification preferred.
- Supplemental Information
Work is typically performed in an office environment, although work is frequently performed at remote locations where computers and peripheral equipment is located.
Physical Demands and Mental Demands
Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Must be able to perform medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects such as computers, monitors, printers, and related equipment. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, perform extensive reading, and operate personal computers or computer peripherals.
This generic class description gives an overview of the job class, its essential job functions, and recommended job requirements. However, for each individual position assignment assigned to this class, there is available a completed job description with a physical abilities checklist, which can give further details about that one specific position. Those documents should be reviewed before initiating a selection process. They can provide additional detailed information on which to base various personnel actions and can assist management in making legal defensible personnel decisions.