Guilford County Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EMS Clinical Nurse - Hourly
at Guilford County Schools
General Statement of Duties
This position provides clinical oversight and didactic presentation to the employees of Guilford County EMS.
Distinguishing Features of the Class
The employee in this position is an integral part of the EMS Training Division. This employee will oversee the skills completion and assessments performed by students in the Paramedic Academy as they participate in mandated clinical hours. The primary responsibility is to oversee eight (8) to sixteen (16) students engaged in formal education in the Guilford County EMS Paramedic Academy. The employee will advise the students on the appropriate strategies and interactions for success. The EMS Clinical Nurse is also responsible for the establishment of goals and objectives for these students in clinical and didactic environments. Work includes developing and enforcing methods for evaluation of successful completion. This employee will evaluate performance, recommend change to achieve improvement, and evaluate outcome. This employee may mandate remedial actions to be completed by the student prior to further advancement.
- Examples of Duties
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Tasks
• Schedules and conducts clinical opportunities for Guilford County EMS employees.
• Conducts assessments of employee's performance, recommends remediation plans, and ensures compliance.
• Participates in the employment selection process for Guilford County EMS.
• Develop and implement job related health screening criteria for ES employees.
• Networks with other professionals in related fields to create policies and implement work place controls ensuring safety of ES and ancillary responders.
• Prepares and delivers educational content to ES employees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of the concepts guiding superior provision of emergency care.
• Knowledge of National DOT EMT-Paramedic curriculum.
• Knowledge of procedural guidelines of clinical facilities.
• Thorough knowledge of Guilford County EMS GOGs, protocols, and procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of NCOEMS Advanced Educational Institutional Plan.
• Understanding of concepts of adult education.
• Effective communication with persons at multiple levels of the medical community.
• Effective classroom presentation.
• Proficiency in skills contained in National DOT curriculums.
• Ability to develop work plans/care plans.
• Nurse specific skills related to pre-hospital and tertiary care centers.
• Patient evaluation skills enhanced by the involvement of the continuum of care.
• Ability to evaluate student's performance.
• Ability to explain complex processes and procedures.
• Ability to function in a variety of practice settings.
• Ability to identify needs of the educational program and recommend change/improvement.
• Ability to perform in a work environment with minimal input.
- Typical Qualifications
Graduation from an approved program of Nursing and possess a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina. Must have three to five years of experience in a primary patient care environment with preference to emergency or acute care nursing, or similar pre-hospital experience; Must have the ability to attain BCLS and ACLS, OR equivalent within one year of employment. Must have the ability to attain certifications in PALS and BTLS, OR equivalent within one year of employment. Must possess a valid Driver's License.
- Supplemental Information
An employee in this position must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of extensive stooping, lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, gripping, fingering, fine sensory interpretation-touch, smell, hearing, and visual acuity for seeing both close and at a distance. The employee must be able to perform heaving work exerting up to 100 pounds of force.
Work consists of both inside and outside environmental conditions.
This generic class description gives an overview of the job class, its essential job functions and recommended job requirements. However, for each individual position assigned to this class, there is available a completed job description with physical abilities checklist which can be reviewed before initiating a selection process. They can provide additional detailed information on which to base various personnel actions and can assist management in making legal defensible personnel decisions.