Greensboro Country Club
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dining Room Manager
at Greensboro Country Club
- 20-Sep-2019 to 19-Nov-2019 (EST)
- Greensboro, NC, USA
- Full Time
I. POSITION: Dining Room Manager Job
II. DEPARTMENT: Sunset, Family Grille, DRT, Banquets, Farm
III. JOB SUMMARY:
Assure a high standard of appearance, hospitality and service in personnel and cleanliness of dining room. Ensures timeliness of food service. Supervise and train dining room staff. Manage within budgetary restraints. Develop and implement programs to increase revenues through repeat business and higher check averages.
IV. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs floor plans according to reservations.
- Plans dining room set-up based on anticipated guest counts and client needs.
- Takes reservations, checks table reservation schedules and maintains reservations log.
- Greets and seats members and guests.
- Inspects dining room employees to ensure that they are in proper and clean uniforms at all times.
- Hires, trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates dining room staff.
- Confirms time, attendance and hours worked and approves weekly departmental payroll prior to submitting it to the Payroll Office.
- Performs daily POS closeout and tip distribution requirements (if applicable). Verifies proper information for all staff incentive programs.
- Provides appropriate reports concerning employee hours, schedules, pay rates, job changes, tip pools, etc.
- Receives and resolves complaints concerning dining room service.
- Serves as liaison between the dining room and kitchen staff.
- Assures that all side-work is accomplished and that all cleaning of equipment and storage areas is completed according to schedule.
- Directs pre-meal meetings with dining room personnel; relays pertinent information such as house count and menu changes, special member requests, etc.
- Assures the correct appearance, cleanliness and safety of dining room areas, equipment and fixtures; checks the maintenance of all equipment in the dining room and reports deficiencies and maintenance concerns.
- Makes suggestions about improvements in dining room service procedures and layout.
- Trains staff on all aspects of the POS system.
- Assures that the dining room and other club areas are secure at the end of the business day.
- Maintains an inventory of dining room items including silverware, coffee pots, water pitchers, glassware, flatware and china, salt and pepper holders, sugar bowls and linen and ensures that they are properly stored and accounted for.
- Develops and maintains the dining room reservation system.
- Develops and implements an ongoing marketing program to increase dining room business.
- Monitors dining room labor and supplies budget; makes adjustments to achieve financial goals.
- Utilizes computer to accurately charge members.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings.
- May serve as club's opening and closing manager or manager on duty.
- Works with Executive Chef to update, review and print weekly menu changes.
- Assists in developing wine lists and beverage promotions.
- Assures that local and state laws and the club's policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
Licenses and Special Permits
- Alcoholic beverage certification.
- Food safety certification.
V. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Responsible for management of dining room service in the main clubhouse.
- Maintains a high level of member contact throughout service hours.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
VI. MIINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates Degree and/or two years of management experience
- Country Club and/or restaurant experience preferred
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Ability to multi-task.
VI. REPORTS TO: Assistant Operations Manager, Beverage Manager and Director of Operations
VII. SUPERVISES: Dining Room Servers and Bartenders