Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Group X Instructor
at GOLD'S GYM
- Job ID
- Brassfield Gym
- Job Region
The Group Exercise Instructor will lead and motivate members in a group environment through a pre-arranged format of exercises designed to enhance overall fitness, strength and endurance, while ensuring that the safety of the members is not compromised. The Group Exercise Instructor will also serve as a resource to educate members on various aspects of fitness.
- Leads and delivers group fitness classes based on industry standards and approved formats that begin and end promptly, and adheres to the format, standards, and times scheduled.
- Instructs participants on effective workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises, identifies different muscle groups, and teaches appropriate methods and modifications.
- Provides verbal instructions that are clear and ensure that the volume, tempo of music and overall atmosphere is motivational and conducive to hearing, teaching, learning and having fun.
- Coaches and motivate class participants to achieve fitness goals and continually monitors for signs of injury, illness or overexertion.
- Interacts with participants, answers questions, introduce/orient new participants, generates and maintains a positive exercise experience, and solicits feedback in order to maintain long-term participation and member retention.
- Ensures all participants are using correct form during class and offers modifications and variations of the activities to accommodate all fitness levels.
- Maintains and demonstrates a positive and professional attitude towards his/her responsibilities, fellow associates, members, and guests.
- Represents and promotes Gold’s Gym group exercise in a professional manner and adheres to appropriate fitness attire for demonstrating proper form, alignment and movement of the body, and refrains from attire that is revealing in an inappropriate manner.
- Consistently delivers scheduled class as posted on schedule and actively coordinate and schedule a qualified/approved substitute Group Exercise Instructor in the event of necessary absence in order to avoid any cancellations.
- Provides legally purchased music appropriate for the class format, and refrain from using music that contains foul or offensive language.
- Ensures all equipment is functioning correctly and have microphones are in working order.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the GGX room by ensuring equipment is put away and sound system is turned off when not in use.
- Promptly notifies management of any equipment or facility repair needs.
- Prepares any incident and/or witness reports as necessary in the event of accidents.
- Accurately and consistently records hours worked and class attendance information submitted to the GGX Manager in a timely manner.
- Attends all required staff meetings as necessary and willingness to attend training in order to maintain teaching skills or improve/expand current skill level.
- Uphold the company's vision, mission, values and code of conduct and also comply with all Gold’s Gym policies and procedures.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Current CPR/AED certification and basic first aid training is required.
- Minimum of six months teaching in a group exercise environment along with demonstrated knowledge of group exercise principles and safe exercise techniques.
- Maintain nationally recognized Group fitness certification by ACE, AFAA, ACSM.
- Provide verifiable proof of specialized skill/training such as Yoga, Pilates, Body Pump, Body Attack, etc.
- Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies and the incorporation of choreography and safe transitional movement patterns, music, tempo, cueing technique, and rhythm.
- High degree of energy and be physically fit to have the endurance to complete the workout.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic physiology, human anatomy, kinesiology, body mechanics, and training principles.
- Demonstrated engaging and motivational leadership with adaptability at the front of a class to effectively engage participants and achieve a great member experience.
- Ability to create and/or follow appropriate choreography combinations to be taught within the parameters of the class format.
- Positive and effective interpersonal communication skills.
- High degree of professionalism with ability to motivate others.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot audio equipment.