General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
- Job Location
- Required Clearance
- Secret, obtainable within 24 months
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense secret security clearance is desired within 24 months at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to advance cutting-edge technology. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with customers to develop and deploy products that provide for the protection of our nation!
We are seeking energetic, motivated software engineers to join our team! If you love to code, enjoy learning, and find motivation in the mission your work supports, we are the team for you!
What you will be doing:
- Design, develop, test, integrate, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Conduct peer reviews of software
- Support automated build, test, release and deployment of software
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the development of complex solutions
- Perform software requirements analysis
- Provide documentation for all phases of the software development lifecycle
What we would like you to bring to the table (skills, knowledge, and experience):
- Proficiency in writing software in C++ or Java and understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Experience with unit/integration testing
- Familiarity with UML, model driven development and test driven design
- Considerable knowledge of software tools for Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control, defect reporting
- Proficiency in developing for Linux and Windows
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with the following (desirable but not required): AndroMDA code generation framework, Maven, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, Eclipse, Subversion, electrical and fiber optic systems
Attitudes & behaviors our high performers exhibit:
- Willingness to be proactive, help others, and project a can-do attitude
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative (team) environment
- Ability to quickly grasp and apply new information
- Self-motivation, engagement, continuous learning and looking for ways to improve yourself and our products/processes/others
- Initiative on assignments and observed gaps (helping outside primary responsibilities)
- Considerable written and verbal communications skills
- Skill in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- An open mind and personal disposition. Ability to give and take constructive feedback cheerfully for the purposes of continuous improvement.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran