General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
- Job Location
- Required Clearance
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in computer science, ocean engineering, aerospace, robotics, or electrical engineering with specific experience in automated controls systems, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is desired at time of hire and must be obtained within 12 months. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
A Relocation package may be available for this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for an Autonomy Systems Architect. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems focusing on unmanned systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The Autonomy Systems Architect will be responsible for the development of architectures for unmanned maritime systems that integrate state of the art technology, cyber security, machine learning and artificial intelligence to accomplish our customers’ varied missions. This position can be performed at one of three locations: our Fairfax, VA office, our Quincy, MA office, or our McLeansville, NC office.
Using a broad spectrum of tools and technologies, the Autonomy Systems Architect is responsible for the high-level systems software architecture. The selected individual will work alongside an integrated engineering team to:
REPRESENTATIVE DUTES AND TASKS:
- Develop and implement high-level system software architectures, including requirements development
- Lead efforts to comply with standards (for example, SAE, ASTM, IEEE, etc), and document that compliance
- Lead teams in the implementation and integration of system and software designs.
- Develop system requirement specification for the overall system including verification plans
- Supports requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of system, subsystem or system elements
- Supports system modeling, design analysis, operations analysis, and requirements decomposition in support of system design
- Reviews specifications, requirements and other engineering documents
- Serves as a subject matter expert and key contributor on proposals.
- Serves as a product evangelist for GDMS autonomy related technologies
- Conducts system level trade analysis of different design options including estimated development and operational costs
- Develop improvements to procedures, concepts and system designs that lead to enhanced system performanceGenerates overall system architecture to satisfy customer, functional, reliability, and safety requirements. Address Engineering Lifecycle from development to manufacturing to fielding and support. Coordinates and executes milestone project reviews, technical reviews, and decision tradeoff analysis.
- Leads technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements
- Leads evaluations of systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable governmental security specifications
- May provide system accreditation/certification evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features (e.g., identification, authentication, access control, labeling, and auditing) of the system are considered and function properly
- May develop system security documentation on both new and fielded information systems
Synthesizes solutions to meet customer expectations and technical performance while staying within schedule and cost constraints
- Researches and analyzes data, such as vendor/subcontractor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Effectively chooses the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
- Performs or leads the development of technical strategies and teaming strategies on multiple projects
- May represent GDMS on standard developer committees, government/industry teams, etc.
- May function in a program technical lead and company technical spokesperson
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive experience with autonomous software system architecture design and autonomous decision-making.
- Demonstrated maritime autonomy expertise and skill in developing architectures for unmanned systems
- Experience in specifying requirements for autonomy engines, and conducting trades on qualified providers of autonomy
- Demonstrated experience in developing and testing autonomous systems
- Open System and Software Architectures experience – strong knowledge of specification and development of open architecture solutions
- Experience working with and ensuring compliance with open standards (e.g., SAE, ASTM, etc)
- Platform level integration of system and equipment (preferably naval hull machinery and electrical)
- Experience with verification and validation methods for complex and autonomous systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one Object Oriented Programing Language such as C++ or Java.
- Experience with DOORS requirement management tool and Matlab/Simulink
- Ability to lead a team, collaborate with Integrated Product Teams (IPT), interface with Senior Leadership and customers
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to apply project leadership principles to deliver technical projects on cost and schedule, including SPI/CPI, Earned Value, Cost Account Management (CAM), and Statistical Process Controls
- Travel to customer, vendor and teammate work locations expected
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran