Epes Transport System, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Epes Transport System, Inc.
- Greensboro, NC, USA
- Full Time
We are looking for a Payroll Administrator to join our Accounting team. The Payroll Administrator will assist the Payroll Manager and Lead Payroll Administrator in accurately processing weekly payroll. This position will have a variety of duties that will serve to support the daily operation of the Payroll Department.
- College degree preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- 3-5 years of experience in a payroll setting
- Ability to handle CONFIDENTIAL information is absolutely essential.
- Prefer some experience in the trucking industry
- Prefer some knowledge of payroll withholding taxes
- Accurate data entry skills
- 10 key calculator,
- Basic PC skills to include Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to work flexible hours and flexible schedules as needed
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test
- No conviction of felonies, serious crimes or have charges pending. However, a conviction is not an automatic disqualification of employment.
- Ability to work independently. Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Ability to plan and organize work load and ability to handle very detailed information.
- Ability and flexibility to handle work pressure and work with interruptions.
- Ability to meet work processes deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to function as a team player.
- Ability to handle pay questions/concerns with tact and diplomacy.
- Willingness to learn and accept responsibility.
- Strong analytical skills
- Manages and maintains employee master files in AS/400.
- Process court ordered garnishments against employees and remit as specified.
- Complete verification of employment forms in a timely manner.
- Calculate time cards for hourly employees.
- Input payroll data into AS400 from multiple source documents.
- Maintains and updates records of vacation time used and personal time used in BambooHR.
- Review the weekly payroll trial, to ensure accuracy and completeness in driver pay, reimbursements and deductions.
- Monitor monies due Company on employee loans, cash advances and missed deductions for accuracy and deduction through payroll.
- Processes and has discretion to finalize payroll reports to generate employee pay via the company payroll vendor.
- Works with driver managers to resolve driver pay issues and/or discrepancies.
- Assists employees with questions/concerns on pay issues.
- Assist with special payments such as holiday pay and bonuses.
- Serves as a backup to the Lead Payroll Administrator and Trips Processing Clerk roles.
- Demonstrates support to the Epes Transport System, LLC Quality Management System and its objectives, as applicable.
- Performs other duties as may become necessary or assigned
- Serves as backup to Benefits Specialist.
Epes Transport is dedicated to providing quality transportation services. Our mission is to continuously improve the quality of our service to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. Continuous improvement in quality is the means we will use to ensure reasonable profits and long term growth.
Epes Transport System, LLC is the largest private trucking company in North Carolina.