Epes Transport System, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Night Dispatcher (3 PM- 12 AM)
at Epes Transport System, Inc.
- Greensboro, NC, USA
- Full Time
We are looking for a Night Dispatcher to join our Operations team. The Night Dispatcher will maintain communications with driver fleets through Qualcomm satellite communications and telephone. They will be responsible for load planning, customer service and communications with customers as needed.
- High School Diploma; some college preferred
- 6 12 months of experience in a truckload environment
- Good data entry skills accuracy important
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test
- Excellent work history with proven track record
- Professional, clean, neat appearance
- No conviction of felonies, serious crimes or have charges pending. However, a conviction is not an automatic disqualification of employment.
- Travel if needed
- Ability to work independently; take initiative and be a self-starter
- Ability to plan and organize workload; flexibility to handle pressure and work with interruptions and meet deadlines; attention to details
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to meet work processes deadlines
- Willingness to learn and accept responsibility
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Manages multiple fleets after hours. Entire Fleet Manager boards from daytime become sole responsibility.
- Communicates with drivers via Qualcomm and phone, once Driver Managers depart for day.
- Follows through with service requirements and communicates results to day shift.
- Promotes driver friendly atmosphere.
- Follows through with specified drivers on any Driver Managers' instructions.
- Ensures proper PTA's when dispatching next load to driver; maintains and monitors current PTA of trucks to destination.
- Communicates with day shift on service issues, late deliveries or drivers needing write-ups. Leaves notes for Driver Managers if necessary.
- Maintains compliance with procedures on all cigarette loads. Immediately notify the Night Operations Manager or Vice President of Operations if any problems occur.
- Notifies Director of Safety of any serious accidents.
- Works with Maintenance Department on any equipment breakdowns.
- Meets with direct supervisor as directed to discuss areas for improvement.
- Demonstrates support to the Epes Transport System, LLC Quality Management System and its objectives, as applicable.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Epes Transport is dedicated to providing quality transportation services. Our mission is to continuously improve the quality of our service to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. Continuous improvement in quality is the means we will use to ensure reasonable profits and long term growth.
Epes Transport System, LLC is the largest private trucking company in North Carolina.