Epes Transport System, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Epes Transport System, Inc.
- Greensboro, NC, USA
- Full Time
We are looking for Mobile Technician to join our Maintenance team. The Mobile Technician will inspect, service and repair all over-the-road tractors, ensure all trailer and tire equipment is maintained and repaired, and perform job duties of tire and trailer mechanic.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Technical or diesel training or one year experience
- Prefer trailer and/or truck mechanic experience of two years
- Prefer certified forklift operator
- Prefer welding experience
- Knowledge of D.O.T. and OSHA compliance regulations
- Good working knowledge of computer/PC software
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test
- No conviction of felonies, serious crimes, or have charges pending. However, a conviction is not an automatic disqualification of employment.
- Have valid driver's license; prefer CDL.
- Certified brake inspector.
- Certified D.O.T. inspector.
- Possess necessary mechanic's tools.
- Practices safety and abides by safety program.
- Ability to work independently; initiative; self-starter.
- Ability to plan and organize workload; flexibility to handle pressure and work with interruptions; and meet deadlines; attention to details
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to interact, in a professional manner, with drivers, other employees and vendors
- Willingness to learn and accept responsibility
- Knowledge of DOT regulations and familiarity with OSHA regulations
- Performs inspections of trailers and tires; services and repairs all defects discovered during inspection prior to dispatch; includes extensive tire work.
- Performs preventive maintenance and/or temporary repairs to prevent wet freight.
- Makes all emergency repairs on as needed basis.
- Travels off site to inspect and make needed repairs.
- Maintains required DOT documentation.
- Drives mobile unit in safe, professional manner.
- Keeps work area clean and free of safety hazards.
- Performs daily yard checks.
- Demonstrates support to the Epes Transport System, LLC Quality Management System and its objectives, as applicable.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Epes Transport is dedicated to providing quality transportation services. Our mission is to continuously improve the quality of our service to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. Continuous improvement in quality is the means we will use to ensure reasonable profits and long term growth.
Epes Transport System, LLC is the largest private trucking company in North Carolina.