Epes Transport System, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Central Roadside Coordinator Floater (12 AM-12 PM)
at Epes Transport System, Inc.
- Greensboro, NC, USA
- Full Time
We are looking for a Maintenance Central Roadside Coordinator to join our Maintenance team. The Maintenance Central Roadside Coordinator will respond to Qualcomm messages, emails and/or phone calls to provide over the road breakdown assistance for tractors and trailers, provide drivers with over the road assistance necessary for DOT safety and compliance while effectively moving the customers' freight, and work to insure that safety is a priority for all equipment operating under Epes Transport as well as to protect the capital investment in equipment of Epes Transport.
- 1 year experience or technical training to include familiarity with OSHA, MCSR and DOT regulations
- Prefer knowledge of basic tractor and trailer parts
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MS Word, MS Excel; prefer experience with AS/400 computer system and TMT software. Good data entry skills
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test
- Excellent work history with proven track record
- Have valid driver's license
- No conviction of felonies, serious crimes or have charges pending. However, a conviction is not an automatic disqualification of employment.
- Ability to work independently. Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Ability to plan and organize workload. Ability to handle very detailed information.
- Ability and flexibility to handle work pressure and work with interruptions.
- Ability to meet work processes deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to function as a team player.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with customers, employees, vendors, consultants and auditors in professional manner.
- Willingness to learn and accept responsibility.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Coordinates to their completion, the vendor response to road breakdowns, by using the most time and cost effective options available.
- Maintain close contact with driver, and relevant Operations personnel, regarding vehicle repair status and shipment status.
- Enter all required data in the computer; with special attention to accuracy and completeness in both coding and comments.
- Responsible for communicating Over-The-Road repair issues with dispatch, and maintenance supervision.
- Secure estimates on all major On-Road repairs.
- Authorize repairs based on need, price, and service; while minimizing down-time.
- Issue purchase orders to vendors for authorized repairs.
- Ensure that proper authorization has been received from Operations Management prior to issuing a purchase order for repairs on Independent Contractor, or Dedicated Project, equipment.
- Review all Outside Repair Orders for consistency and accuracy with regards to data entry. Make needed corrections, and ensure vendor invoice is in hand prior to closing the ORO in TMT-180.
- Close all Road Call created in TMT 140 by dispatch. Then process all corresponding outside repair orders and purchase orders to completion.
- Responsible for keeping TMT-180 current to within 30 days, by contacting vendors and securing invoices for ORO's that are in an "Invoice Pending" status.
- Works with TMT software to recognize warrantable repairs, and follow procedures so that a successful claim is possible.
- Determines closest possible Epes location or supplier through utilization of the service locator and TMT software. Informs drivers where to go for service or arranges services at the driver's location if needed.
- Insures that all Over-The-Road repairs are completed and records are organized properly.
- Maintains the online "Shop Status" using the application found on the Epes intranet site.
- Demonstrates support to the Epes Transport System, LLC Quality Management System and its objectives, as applicable.
Epes Transport is dedicated to providing quality transportation services. Our mission is to continuously improve the quality of our service to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. Continuous improvement in quality is the means we will use to ensure reasonable profits and long term growth.
Epes Transport System, LLC is the largest private trucking company in North Carolina.