Epes Transport System, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dedicated Operation Supervisor
at Epes Transport System, Inc.
- Greensboro, NC, USA
- Full Time
We are looking for a Dedicated Operation Supervisor to join our Dedicated Operations team. The Dedicated Operations Supervisor's main focus will include Company Policy Compliance, Customer Service, Safety, Productivity and Profitability while still adhering to the terms of the signed contract between Epes Transport, Inc. and the assigned Dedicated Customer.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; some college preferred
- Basic data entry skills'accuracy important
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test. DOT Physical and Road Test
- No conviction of felonies, serious crimes, or have charges pending- However, conviction is not an automatic disqualification of employment.
- Professional, clean, neat appearance
- Occasional travel in job as required
- Ability to work flexible hours and schedules
- Ability to meet work processes deadlines
- Willingness to learn and accept responsibility
- Ability to work flexible hours, nights and weekends as needed
- Serves as a liaison between the assigned Customer, its management and Epes Transport Systems.
- Works on site at customer location to coordinate the daily operations of the assigned dedicated account.
- Coordinates with both internal and external customers to determine and fill needs for drivers and equipment.
- Plans and schedules drivers per the customer's requirement(s).
- Provides supervision, training and leadership to drivers to insure good customer service.
- Trains and counsels drivers on safety, hours of service requirements, workers compensation and other overall company policies while adhering to the contract requirements.
- Promotes compliance with DOT requirements and Epes safety program.
- Inspects on site equipment (tractor, trailers) to insure all are safe, and in good operating condition. Identifies any equipment in need of repair or service and coordinates same with the Epes shop or appropriate vendor.
- Manages vacation and time-off request based on driver, company, and customer needs.
- Provide billing, payroll information and special reporting requirements as related to the dedicated business and the customer requests.
- Attends quarterly safety meetings.
- Assists the Dedicated Operations Manager and provides administrative support as required by all operations of the Dedicated Division.
- Coordinates with the Recruiting Department and Safety Department to assist and insure that candidates are informed and are prepared to join the Dedicated Operations Department. Involved with Orientation of personnel as necessary.
- Provides weekly recaps and management reports to internal and external customers as required.
- Travels as necessary.
- Demonstrates support to the Epes Transport System, Inc. Quality Management System and its objectives, as applicable.
- Other duties will be assigned at the customer's direction, including but not limited to performance reporting, physical drop lot management, attending meetings, training as required by the dedicated customer.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Epes Transport is dedicated to providing quality transportation services. Our mission is to continuously improve the quality of our service to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. Continuous improvement in quality is the means we will use to ensure reasonable profits and long term growth.
Epes Transport System, LLC is the largest private trucking company in North Carolina.