Epes Transport System, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Assistant
at Epes Transport System, Inc.
- Greensboro, NC, USA
- Full Time
We are looking for a Customer Service Assistant to join our Operations team. The Customer Service Assistant will provide clerical support to meet the needs of Customer Service and the Planning Department. They will handle all customer service needs for the National Account and coordinate activity with National Account Representative.
- High School Diploma; some college preferred
- 6 - 12 months of experience in a truckload environment
- Good data entry skills accuracy important
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test
- Excellent work history with proven track record
- No conviction of felonies, serious crimes or have charges pending. However, a conviction is not an automatic disqualification of employment.
- Ability to work independently; take initiative and be a self-starter
- Ability to plan and organize workload; flexibility to handle pressure and work with interruptions and meet deadlines; attention to details
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to meet work processes deadlines
- Willingness to learn and accept responsibility
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Receives load tender from customers via e-mail, fax, phone, EDI
- Enters orders in system and makes appointments accordingly.
- Makes contact with appropriate vendors, distribution centers or stores for appointment and updates Epes' system.
- Coordinates load times with appropriate planner by area and Epes' available equipment.
- Obtains necessary information on purchase order number, trailers, etc. and updates system accordingly.
- Supports work activity for Customer Service Representatives and duties that may be assigned.
- Provides temporary coverage of account activity in absence of Customer Service Representative.
- Reschedules any loads that may be late or missed appointment.
- Demonstrates support to the Epes Transport System, Inc. Quality Management System and its objectives, as applicable.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Epes Transport is dedicated to providing quality transportation services. Our mission is to continuously improve the quality of our service to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. Continuous improvement in quality is the means we will use to ensure reasonable profits and long term growth.
Epes Transport System, LLC is the largest private trucking company in North Carolina.