Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Technical Account Specialist
at Ecolab Inc.
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Ecolab’s Global Food Retail division delivers cleaning and sanitation programs, food safety audits and insights into store operations to food retailers globally, partnering with our customers around the world to identify food safety risks and help prevent the spread of foodborne illnesses.
The Technical Account Specialist will serve as the main technical contact for a specified set of divisional accounts and work in conjunction with the designated Corporate Account Manager (CAM), provide corporate-level technical support, including new product introductions and field test management. This will include working closely with account-specific marketing and sales resources to function in a team support role. Secondary responsibilities will include providing technical support for strategic product and system development projects in both laboratory and field settings.
What you will do:
- Provide technical expertise, support, and solutions to a specified set of Ecolab customers where interaction will occur both at the corporate and individual store level and will be coordinated through the Corporate Account Managers
- Develop, coordinate, and execute customer-driven technical projects, including analytical testing, field test support, material evaluation, and equipment performance testing
- Create technical documents including training manuals, troubleshooting guides, laboratory SOPs, and customized cleaning procedures
- Actively participate in technical professional affiliations to enhance technical competency and solidify customer relationships
- Assist in the launch of new products in conjunction with marketing, marketing services and sales team members
- Support strategic project development with hands-on laboratory and field work
- Communicate customer-generated ideas to sales, marketing and RD&E and provide input to the discussions about how to profitably apply those ideas to the business
- BS in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Bio-Science or Earth Sciences
- 1+ year’s experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to travel up to 25% for work
- Immigration sponsorship is not offered for this role
- Financial or business experience helpful but not required
- 2+ years professional experience in a customer contact technical environment
- Must perform well in a team-driven atmosphere
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including technical writing abilities required
- Must be able to interact with both corporate and individual store level customer contacts and provide hands-on troubleshooting assistance with product and equipment issues.
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2016 sales of $13 billion and 48,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit here.