Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Research and Development Chemist Intern
at Ecolab Inc.
A trusted partner at nearly three million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With annual sales of $15 billion and 49,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
Our innovative products and services touch virtually every aspect of daily life and are used in hospitals, hotels, restaurants, schools, manufacturing plants, refineries and other locations throughout the world. Many of the world’s most recognizable brands rely on Ecolab to help ensure operational efficiencies, product integrity and brand reputation.
Ecolab is searching for chemistry students to join our Research, Development & Engineering (RDE) team. Chemist interns in RDE support all business units of a globally diversified technology/service company, creating a dynamic, challenging, and varied work environment. This position will execute technical laboratory activities in support of technical platform development.
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Conduct laboratory research and analysis supporting one or more of the following areas: Corporate Research, Technical Service, Analytical, Field Test or Product Development projects
- Develop and document new test protocols for use in research and field studies for validation of new product efficacy
- Coordinate and conduct product testing at customer sites in addition to training field service personnel on new product usage
- Provide on-site customer technical support and trouble-shooting of new product applications and equipment
- Identify customer and business needs with respect to new product development efforts
- Developing product application knowledge to solve problems in the field
- Take incoming customer samples to conduct screening tests to determine soil composition and identify product chemistry available to address the specific cleaning needs
- Pursuit of Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar with expected graduation dates of December 2020 or May/June 2021
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States now, and anytime in the future, without sponsorship
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills in laboratory and field testing environments
- Requires very strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with internal and external customers
- Self-motivated, independent worker
- Eagan, MN or Greensboro, NC
- Relocation assistance is available for those meeting requirements.
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2016 sales of $13 billion and 48,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit here.