Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Associate (Machine Operator)
at Ecolab Inc.
Ecolab, the leading global developer of premium cleaning, sanitizing and maintenance products and services for the hospitality, institutional and industrial markets is seeking a Production Associate (Machine Operator) who will be responsible for all aspects of operating and maintaining their line equipment used in the process of filling, capping, packing and palletizing Ecolab products. Incumbents in this position should have the ability to perform any of the tasks within the production department, with the exception of mixing and bulk receiving/shipping.
What’s in it For You:
- Opportunity for a long-term career path
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most ethical companies in the world
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Reviews filling and packaging instructions at beginning of line runs. Ensures that the correct packaging materials are available. Ensures that the correct Personal Protective Equipment is available and other safety procedures are understood and followed. Asks Supervisor for assistance, if needed.
- Ensures that the line is set up correctly per the filling and packaging instructions. Adjusts the line as necessary.
- Operates filling and packaging equipment continually. Types of equipment could include filler, sleeve labeler, capper, tape machine, date coder, ink jet printer, hand wrenches, hand stamps, palletizers, and lid presses. Adjusts equipment to control weight, closures, or other as required by the specifications.
- Performs basic to intermediate level maintenance tasks as preventive maintenance.
- Performs basic to intermediate level maintenance repair work in order to facilitate line up time
- Performs all operations on the lines, including loading lines with empty containers, labeling, filling, capping, bar coder generation, taking samples, keeping area clean and organized and other related activities.
- Actively participate in Kaizens, 5S and special projects
- Continuously identify opportunities for system and process waste elimination
- Completes and documents activities that measure quality and productivity in an accurate and timely manner. This could include taking weights and performing basic quality tests. Enters results on paper or in computer.
- Completes packaging and filling assignment meeting or exceeding the standards.
- Assists with line changeover, including the collection of wash water.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
Plant location: Greensboro, NC
Work week and shift:
- 2nd Shift: Monday - Friday 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- 3rd Shift: Sunday night - Friday Morning 10:00 PM - 6:30 AM
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to complete training and master skills that are required by position (including but not limited to Hazardous Material Safety and DOT training)
- One-year experience in a manufacturing (packaging) facility both operating and maintaining packaging equipment.
- Ability to use basic math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division of whole numbers, fractions, percentages, and decimals
- Ability to use basic hand tools in the performance of preventive maintenance
- No immigration sponsorship available for this role
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 pounds
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Previous experience as an Operator/Mechanic in a high-performance team concept manufacturing facility
- Experience with Total Production Management (TPM) & Continuous Improvement Systems
- Previous experience leading small teams either in daily operation or in project initiatives
- Kaizen/Root Cause Analysis/5S/5Y
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2016 sales of $13 billion and 48,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit here.