Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Controls Technician
at Ecolab Inc.
Ecolab, the leading global developer of premium cleaning, sanitizing and maintenance products and services for the hospitality, institutional and industrial markets is seeking a Maintenance Controls Technician. This role will be responsible for utilizing electrical, mechanical, and troubleshooting skills to maintain production equipment in proper working condition and running to maximum efficiency. The incumbent will also be responsible for installing new equipment and ensuring it runs within specifications.
What’s In It For You:
- Opportunity for a long term career path that allows for exposure into all areas of the Ecolab’s supply chain
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most ethical companies in the world
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Utilize electrical and computer skills to program PLC and Servo controls for production equipment, ensuring that it is running in the most efficient manner possible.
- Troubleshoot any issues related to PLC/Servo/HIM and make the necessary repairs.
- Assist in developing Scope of Work.
- Assists in developing specification for the new equipment and process.
- Works with vendors obtaining quotes bases on a RFQ and Specifications.
- Ensure that new equipment is properly designed, laid out and installed according to machine and plant specifications.
- Conduct equipment testing (FAT/PAT) to ensure that it continues to meet job specifications.
- Review and ensure optimal process design and continuous improvement in a variety of production processes.
- Handle all aspects of project management for new equipment installation, including timelines, costing and design review.
- Manage daily tasks of contractors.
Location: Greensboro, NC
Work week and shift:
- 2nd Shift: Monday - Friday; 2:00pm - 10:30pm
- 3rd Shift: 2-2-3 Rotation; 6:00pm - 6:00am
- 10+ years of experience in maintenance within a high-speed production environment.
- 5+ years of experience with electronic and PLC based applications in an industrial environment.
- 5+ years of experience with tools, procedures and methods utilized in an industrial maintenance environment.
- 3+ years of experience in Project and Contractor Management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 pounds
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Experience working in a Lean manufacturing environment.
- Formal vocational training in plant maintenance activities with an emphasis on industrial applications or equivalent.
- Basic computer literacy, including skills with Microsoft Office and JDE.
- Able to work in difficult situations such as confined space, heat and elevated places.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with demanding and odd hours.
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2016 sales of $13 billion and 48,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit here.