Eastern Industrial Supplies, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Outside Sales Representative
at Eastern Industrial Supplies, Inc.
- 18-Sep-2019 to 17-Nov-2019 (EST)
- Greensboro, NC, USA
- Full Time
Summary: The Outside Sales Representative sells industrial pipe, valves, and fittings and commercial plumbing supplies for distributor to business and industrial establishments by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Included are the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meets sales goals and objectives.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from former and current customers, newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Strategically travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers.
- Displays or demonstrates products, using samples or catalogs, emphasizing features and benefits.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Generates new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner.
- Follows up on quotations to determine and improve Eastern's competitive market position.
- Provides quick, efficient and friendly customer service.
- Assists customers with regard to types of product to purchase, considering such factors as costs, effectiveness, intended use, availability, and time constraints for installation.
- Presents price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures and customers' profitability profiles.
- Proactively recommends items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transactional profitability.
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items
- Educates customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction
- Coordinates activities in sales and service, accounting and record keeping, and receiving and shipping operations.
- Maintains accurate documentation on all orders and quotes to resolve any discrepancies with vendor billing.
- Monitors scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed
- Contacts customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints.
- Identifies trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction
- Communicates to the purchasing department unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products.
- Follows company policies and procedures
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
- Manages time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the team
- Maintains proficiency in using personal computer, data entry terminal and other common office equipment and software
- Coordinates customer training.
- Enters customer data and other sales data into database of the EISI central repository.
- Develops and maintains relationships with MRO/OEM contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer concerns.
- Attends trade shows, if necessary.
- Reports for work on a regular and timely basis.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational Core Values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Respects diversity.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish assigned goals.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Prefer Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ideal candidate has three or more years of experience with sales of pipe, valves, fittings, and commercial plumbing products.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have or should develop knowledge of Eclipse software. Ability to work on personal computers using software applications such as Word, Excel, and Lotus Notes.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current Driver's License
- Other Qualifications: Must be able to travel regionally 80% of the time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer