Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Accountant, Next Evolution
at Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
- Requisition ID
- US-NC-High Point
With more than 2,000 professionals in 13 states, our headquarters in Charlotte, NC is just the beginning of where you can find a career with us. DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation, and we work with clients locally, nationally, and internationally every day. In each DHG office, you’ll discover a caring culture and a place where you can build a valuable career.
DHG Next Evolution of Accounting Resourcefulness (NEAR) is based in High Point, NC and is comprised of individuals that have obtained, or are pursuing, two or four year accounting degrees. The NEAR team provides a centralized group of resources to assist assurance, tax, and advisory teams by performing tasks that are more entry level, lower risk, repetitive, administrative, and non-judgmental in nature. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with team members across the firm who will request work from the NEAR team. They will focus on productivity and innovative solutions to deliver quality work products to our teams.
• Work on portions of audit, review, and compilation engagements (training provided).
• Prepare tax returns for various entities (training provided).
• Prepare and review various supporting tax calculations (training provided).
• Handle multiple tasks and manage schedule in alignment with department needs.
• Provide timely feedback and progress updates for all work in process.
• Comply with professional standards and ethics.
• Understand and demonstrate the qualities identified in the firm’s Code of Conduct.
• Ability to work well, both independently and collaboratively, with team members.
• Makes team/client service #1 priority. Builds effective working relationships with teams across the firm. Responds in a timely manner to calls and correspondence.
• Develop a working knowledge of PC applications appropriate to his/her work assignment.
• Exercise sound judgement, take initiative, follow through on commitments, is flexible and adaptive in the face of change, communicates effectively and manages disagreements.
• Thoroughly review work product for accuracy and completeness.
• Complete work in a reliable and dependable fashion and apply review feedback from experienced team members to future assignments.
• Must be able to work 40 hours per week and overtime around deadlines.
• Serve as a resource for new staff and interns, assuming the role of a peer mentor and providing training as appropriate.
• Achieve efficiency as measured by actual hours vs budgeted hours for an engagement.
• Record time daily.
• Perform or assist with other duties as assigned by the management of the DHG NEAR team.
• Minimum of Associates degree is preferred, preferably in business or accounting
• High degree of computing acumen is preferred
• GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required