Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Supervisor, Next Evolution
at Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
- Requisition ID
- US-NC-High Point
With more than 2,000 professionals in 13 states, our headquarters in Charlotte, NC is just the beginning of where you can find a career with us. DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation, and we work with clients locally, nationally, and internationally every day. In each DHG office, you’ll discover a caring culture and a place where you can build a valuable career.
DHG Next Evolution of Accounting Resourcefulness (NEAR) is based in High Point, NC and is comprised of individuals that have obtained, or are pursuing, two or four year accounting degrees. The NEAR team provides a centralized group of resources to assist assurance, tax, and advisory teams by performing tasks that are more entry level, lower risk, repetitive, administrative, and non-judgmental in nature. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with team members across the firm who will request work from the NEAR team. They will focus on productivity and innovative solutions to deliver quality work products to our teams.
• Work on portions of audit, review, and compilation engagements.
• Prepare tax returns for various entities.
• Prepare and review various supporting tax calculations.
• Assists in managing projects and assignments within the DHG NEAR team.
• Spend up to 50% of time assisting, training, and reviewing staff assignments.
• Responsible for maintaining the quality of work produced by the DHG NEAR team to our teams across the firm.
• Elevate technical questions or difficulties to leadership of the DHG NEAR team.
• Actively mentor new staff and interns helping to not only train and coach, but also to indoctrinate them into our culture.
• Routinely measure the effectiveness of staff and interns on both quality and productivity scale to determine overall job performance and fit.
• Handle multiple tasks and manage schedule in alignment with department needs.
• Provide timely feedback and progress updates for all work in process.
• Comply with professional standards and ethics.
• Understand and demonstrate the qualities identified in the firm’s Code of Conduct.
• Ability to work well, both independently and collaboratively, with team members.
• Makes team/client service #1 priority. Builds effective working relationships with teams across the firm. Responds in a timely manner to calls and correspondence.
• Develop a working knowledge of PC applications appropriate to his/her work assignment.
• Exercise sound judgement, take initiative, follow through on commitments, is flexible and adaptive in the face of change, communicates effectively and manages disagreements.
• Thoroughly review work product for accuracy and completeness.
• Complete work in a reliable and dependable fashion and apply review feedback from experienced team members to future assignments.
• Must be able to work 40 hours per week and overtime around deadlines.
• Serve as a resource for new staff and interns, assuming the role of a peer mentor and providing training as appropriate.
• Achieve efficiency as measured by actual hours vs budgeted hours for an engagement.
• Record time daily.
• Perform or assist with other duties as assigned by the management of the DHG NEAR team.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree is preferred, preferably in business or accounting
• Previous supervisory experience is preferred
• Prior experience in accounting, auditing, or tax is preferred
• High degree of computing acumen is preferred
• GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required