Dean Foods Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Break Relief Operator-Plant
at Dean Foods Company
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Manufacturing & Production
- High School or Equivalent
- Relocation Assistance
Dairy Fresh, a Dean Foods company, is excited to announce an opening for a Break Relief Operator-Plant position!
We offer excellent benefits and competitive pay with great growth opportunities!
*Additional shift detail to be provided during the interview process.*
Job Description & Requirements
- The Break Relief Operator is responsible for performing all the duties related to receiving, blow mold, and filling operations.
- This position will relieve other operators while they are on break.
- Familiarity with all applicable equipment and provide quality inspections on all related items.
- Load/unload stacks and moves items as assigned.
- Sort, bundle and fill containers or place in assembled units.
- Mark or place identifying labels on product loads, ensuring that all finished product is coded properly
- Record movement of stock in and out of work areas.
- Monitor materials, products and equipment at each step of the process and reports irregularities to supervisor.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year experence required.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs, frequently lift and/or move above shoulder height, stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment with some exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- [Delete if not Ice cream plant: For ice cream plants: Exposure to allergens.]
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.