Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Lead Charging Infrastructure & Deployments (L5)
at Daimler AG
When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry's technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That's because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer's experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future.
The Electric vehicle team in TBB is responsible for development, launch and support of new electric school bus "Jouley". Electrification of vehicles comes with the need of having the necessary eco-system to operate and maintain them. As the project lead infrastructure and deployments you will be responsible to establish and maintain relationships with EVSE providers, utilities and customers. You will have to work closely with the Chassis engineering team to determine the feasibility of chargers with the school bus and also provide inputs on technical requirements for controls development to enable V2X strategies in collaboration with Utilities and other stakeholders. You will have to initiate and manage infrastructure deployments at customer locations in collaboration with our dealers
- Support dealer network and TBB sales as subject matter expert on EV ecosystem topics
- Collaborate with chassis engineering to determine the charger compatibility
- Assist customers in assessing charging needs for their fleet and advise then on charging hardware (and onsite storage options if necessary)
- Conduct onsite evaluation in cooperation with utilities and contractors to identify viable depot layouts and infra growth plans
- Advise on the design of charging sites in cooperation with customers and construction partners (electrical & space improvements)
- Work with customers and construction partners to submit request for utility improvements (if needed)
- Provide management oversight of EVSE installation in cooperation with construction partners and oversee EVSE Testing and Commissioning
- Evaluate energy management and optimization solutions for fleet charging and train customer operations team on best practices
- Lead discussions and innovation projects with utilities for V2X and 2nd life battery use cases
- Routinely make decisions impacting others with minimal involvement from management.
- Use oral and written communication skills to relay information to customers, staff, and management.
- Maintain a neat workplace and organized information files pertaining to project work assignments - 5S.
- Maintain daily record of work hours by job number for budgeting and auditing purposes per published instructions.
- Bachelors degree focused in Engineering or related from an accredited college/university and 6 years of related experience required; OR Master degree and 4 years experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Product Suite required.
- At least 2 years of electric vehicle charging experience preferred.
- Strong technical proficiency with DTNA products with a focus on electrical preferred
- Must be well-organized, able to handle multiple, detailed tasks, and work professionally with various levels of DTNA management and external partners preferred.
- Customer orientated with a real sense for the market preferred.
- Demonstrated success leading projects preferred.
- Travel up to 50% required.
- Understanding of systems Engineering & upstream/downstream processes required.
- Experience leading & mentoring others in identifying/solving the root cause of complex problems required
- Experience leading implementation of cross functional continuous improvement initiatives required
- Experience teaching others relevant concepts and tools required.
- Ability to work in an environment of ambiguity and ongoing change required.
- Experience with Detroit and Daimler systems preferred.
- Experience working in multiple areas of engineering/company preferred.
- An attached resume is required
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.