CPI SECURITY SYSTEMS
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Residential Service Technician
at CPI SECURITY SYSTEMS
At CPI Security, we lead the Security and Home Automation industry, providing sophisticated, cutting edge technology and convenient, unparalleled customer service to our surging residential, commercial, and new construction customer bases. Currently ranked in the Top 10 Security companies in the nation, our double-digit growth stems from our dedicated team of over 700 expert security industry professionals.
We are seeking a Residential Security Service Technician to service security systems of our residential customers. In addition, you will confer with customers and suggest additional products and services to improve their system. CPI provides comprehensive training to help prepare you to earn a great income while providing a valuable service to our customers. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you have been looking for and you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties will include:
- Servicing residential security systems accurately and efficiently
- Meeting or exceeding performance goals on a consistent basis
- Performing walkthrough of home to determine the optimal system configuration, and to identify up-selling opportunities
- Keeping the customer informed at all times of what the service process will entail, whether walls will need to be drilled in order to run wiring, etc.
- Connecting in-home system up to our central monitoring system, activating system and performing customer demonstration
- Maintaining good administrative responsibility by submitting billing and payroll paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring the highest level of safety and responsibility in order to avoid injury, property damage or loss of unused materials
- Providing exceptional customer service at all times
- Consulting with management on any issues or concerns
- Cleaning up work area thoroughly
- Maintaining all company equipment, including truck, tools, inventory, etc.
- Maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- High School diploma or equivalent; electronics/electrical/HVAC/technical training at trade school or community college, a plus
- Good sales skills, particularly with strong up-selling and closing abilities
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong customer service skills
- Commitment to safety
- Ability to work effectively both on an individual basis and as part of a team
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- High energy, fun and positive attitude
- Schedule flexibility and the ability to work weekends
- Thorough understanding of alarm systems (user interaction, troubleshooting, etc.) a plus
- Alarm, cable installation, or telecom experience, a plus
- Ability to pass criminal background check, DMV check and drug screen