CPI SECURITY SYSTEMS
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Solutions Technician
at CPI SECURITY SYSTEMS
At CPI Security, we lead the Security and Home Automation industry, providing sophisticated, cutting edge technology and convenient, unparalleled customer service to our surging residential, commercial, and new construction customer bases. Currently ranked in the Top 10 Security companies in the nation, our double-digit growth stems from our dedicated team of over 700 expert security industry professionals.
As a Small Business Security Installation Technician, you will often be the first point of contact between CPI and our customers. In addition to providing quality installation services, you will establish rapport with customers and use your expertise to identify opportunities to add products and services to their security system. Above all, you will ensure complete customer satisfaction with both their new system and the installation process.
Your specific duties will include:
- Installing commercial security systems accurately and efficiently
- Meeting or exceeding performance goals on a consistent basis
- Performing initial walkthrough of business to determine the optimal system configuration, and to identify upselling opportunities
- Keeping the customer informed at all times of what the installation process will entail, whether walls will need to be drilled in order to run wiring, etc.
- Performing needs analysis with customers and designing a system that meets those needs
- Connecting system up to our central monitoring system, activating system and performing customer demonstration
- Maintaining good administrative responsibility by submitting billing and payroll paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring the highest level of safety and responsibility in order to avoid injury, property damage or loss of unused materials
- Providing exceptional customer service at all times
- Consulting with management on any issues or concerns
- Cleaning up work area thoroughly following installation
- Maintaining all company equipment, including truck, tools, inventory, etc.
- Maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
As a Small Business Security Installation Technician, you must be a highly-motivated and driven individual with solid technical skills and a strong work ethic. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with great time-management, analytical and decision-making skills. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with customers.
- High School diploma or equivalent; electronics/electrical/HVAC/technical training at trade school or community college, a plus
- Good sales skills, particularly with strong upselling and closing abilities
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong customer service skills
- Commitment to safety
- Ability to work effectively both on an individual basis and as part of a team
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- High energy, fun and positive attitude
- Schedule flexibility and the ability to work weekends – this is not an 8-5 job
- Thorough understanding of alarm systems (user interaction, troubleshooting, etc.) preferred
- Experience in a low voltage environment, a plus
- Cable installation, telecom, DirecTV experience, a plus
- Computer skills (particularly iPad and MS Outlook) a plus