Courtyard Greensboro Airport
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Courtyard Greensboro Airport
Bring your great attitude, energetic and professional work ethic to be a part of our team! We are looking for individuals who takes pride in their personal appearance, speaks clearly, goal driven and wants to be a part of a franchise known nationally!
Bistro Attendant will accurately and quickly take, enter, prepare and deliver orders to guest according to our Bistro standard service sequence and use record specifications. Will operate Micros food ordering system and cash register closing guest checks to room charge, credit, card or cash. Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner and follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
This job will include Bartending, Cooking, and working in the Courtyard Bistro/Café.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Maintain positive customer relations at all times with associates using the bistro.
4. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
5. Maintain complete knowledge of:
a) Hours of operation and proper table set -ups for the Bistro.
b) Expected number of meals to be served.
c) Safety and sanitation requirements.
d) Proper storage procedures.
6. Complete opening duties as assigned:
a) Check quality and amount of all stock and supplies using checklist.
b) Requisition necessary supplies according to standard.
c) Transport supplies and equipment to the cafeteria.
d) Prepare and set up all condiments and non-alcoholic beverages.
e) Stock designated supply of silverware, glassware, chinaware, utensils, tools and other equipment for service.
f) Inspect cleanliness and condition of tables and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
g) Set tables.
h) Set up and prepare the service line/areas.
i) Ensure that all equipment is in working order and clean; rectify any deficiencies and report maintenance problems to the manager or purchaser.
7. Receive food from Kitchen and place in designated holding areas at specified temperatures.
8. Defrost food, clean and prepare produce as assigned.
9. Maintain supply levels of stock, food and non-alcoholic beverages to designated amounts throughout scheduled hours of operation.
10. Monitor and maintain the quality of all food and cleanliness on service lines.
11. Anticipate usage levels and report food replenishment needs to the Kitchen on a timely basis.
12. Complete knowledge of the menu and can answer questions regarding what the Hotel offers.
13. Greet and serve meals to guests.
14. Remove soiled trays and wares from the dining tables and separate items at breakdown station.
15. Wipe dining tables clean and replenish tabletop condiments throughout the shift.
16. Clean up spills immediately.
17. Breakdown all goods.
17. Return unused food to designated areas and store.
18. Clean and sanitize service lines, beverage dispensing equipment and other equipment, following procedures.
19. Restock stations for next meal period.
20. Complete closing side duties as assigned.
21. Clean and organize supply/storage closets.
22. Report any equipment damages, safety hazards, maintenance problems and personnel problems to the Manager.
23. Legibly document pertinent information in the log book.
24. Sweep and mop the floor.
25. Ability to work on the Micros/POS system.
26. Ability to create Starbucks drinks.
27. Complete any other duties as assigned by Management.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assist with other Refreshing Business Bistro job functions/tasks as assigned.
2. Complete inventories as scheduled.
3. Attend meetings as scheduled.
4. Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
5. Coordinate holiday set-up and special staff functions for the Bistro and Restaurant in conjunction with Management. Help to decorate the hotel for special occasions as requested.
6. Attend monthly safety committee meetings (if applicable).
1. Basic reading, writing and math.
2. Must have good understanding of the English language. Provide legible communication.
3. Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit as required by local or state government agency.
4. License to bartend OR age qualification as required.
5. Ability to:
• perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
• prioritize and organize.
• be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
• follow directions thoroughly.
• understand guest’s service needs.
• work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
• work with minimal supervision.
• maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent Hotel data.
1. Previous Culinary or Restaurant experience.
2. Knowledge of food preparation and handling.
3. Knowledge of sanitation techniques and requirements.
4. Previous customer relations training.
1. Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting between 10 and 25 pounds.
2. Push/pull carts and other equipment up to 25 pounds.
3. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
4. Reach 6 inches/feet.
5. Must be able to stand and exert well paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length.
6. Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
7. Work environment - Main Kitchen, Bistro, Restaurant, Banquet facilities, Boardroom, Kitchen, Stewarding areas. Job involves working under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, in both outdoor and indoor settings, and around fumes and/or odor hazards, dust and/or mite hazards, and chemicals.