Christman Capital Development Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Estimating Engineer Intern - NC
at Christman Capital Development Company
- Greensboro, NC, USA
The Christman Company is accepting applications from enthusiastic students interested in gaining experience in the construction industry in Project Planning (Preconstruction) as an Estimating Engineer Intern. The program includes team-based planning, estimating, problem solving, and working closely with architects, engineers and project stakeholders. You will learn how to build strong partnerships in order to support project goals, and ultimately, project success.
This internship will provide a great opportunity to play a significant role on a project planning team, develop planning skills, estimating, and value generation techniques, and learn technology applications that support efficient delivery of construction projects.
As a member of our Project Planning Group (PPG), you will have opportunities to gain hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Become an integral part of a high performance project planning team
- Read and interpret drawings and project specifications
- Survey/quantify materials from drawings
- Develop knowledge of 2D On-Screen Takeoff/3D QTO technologies and our estimating platform
- Organize quantity takeoffs for ease of audit
- Estimate interiors
- Learn basic structural/civil estimating at Design Development /Construction level drawings
- Contact/follow-up with trade contractors/suppliers for pricing
- Utilize the latest collaboration software for document control and distribution
- Develop knowledge of construction pricing
- Make recommendations for software upgrades
- Make recommendations for database pricing changes
- Become familiar with the project's mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems, how they interact with the architecture and support the function of a building.
- Participate in active project site visits. Experience in-progress construction processes and apply that knowledge in the planning effort.
- Virtual Design & Construction (BIM) concentration: assist the project planning team develop 4D models, Facility Asset Management Models, and utilize Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) technologies
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior level college student pursuing a Bachelor's degree in related fields such as Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Business, Computer Science.
- Previous experience in construction is preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office suite.
- Participation and/or leadership in construction, engineering, or other related organizations.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA; 3.40 GPA or higher preferred.
Details of Open Position:
Location: Various (West, Central, or Southeast Michigan; Knoxville, TN; Greensboro, NC; Dallas/Ft. Worth TX)
Industry: Construction Management
Type: Summer Internship
Required Travel: No
The Christman family of companies is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran