Center for Creative Leadership
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Strategic Business Partner
at Center for Creative Leadership
Strategic Business Partner
The Strategic Business Partner (SBP) supports the Global Markets Americas strategy by engaging in activity that increases client satisfaction and loyalty with our existing clients; maximizes penetration with our existing clients to increase share and impact; and prospecting and capturing business with new clients. This role works in partnership with Leadership Solutions Partners (designers and facilitators), Implementation Partners and other subject matter experts to meet clients’ business needs and advance CCL’s mission. The SBP takes the lead role in the sales and long-term account management, including strategic account planning, segmenting and prospecting, qualifying, contracting and relationship management. SBPs leverage consultative selling to identify clients’ critical business needs and how CCL can help them succeed in addressing them through leadership strategy and development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively articulates CCL’s mission and value proposition with clients, prospects and partners.
- Responsible for developing a geographic territory, vertical and/or strategic accounts, including developing and implementing client acquisition strategies and leveraging marketing efforts. Responsible for meeting a revenue target each year.
- Proactively develops and advances new accounts to contract that support the Global Markets Americas and campus strategies, based on their segmentation, business need and margin.
- Serves as Client Relationship Manager for major accounts: manages and maintains key client relationships for the purpose of building long-term business and impact.
- Responsible for managing, updating, and communicating a robust pipeline from lead/prospect identification through contract. Forecasts when business will close and forecasts total spend by client for the year.
- Leverages Client Relationship Management systems to capture critical account and pipeline information for use with account teams, Regional Sales Director and the broader enterprise.
- Leverages relationship and insight with the client to assess client needs and determine desired learning outcomes. Links outcomes to CCL portfolio with consideration for the client’s readiness, training infrastructure and learning culture.
- Leads account teams including Leadership Solutions Partners, Implementation Partners and other subject matter experts across the enterprise.
- Manages margin and client satisfaction, negotiates pricing and contracting scope, along with support of Implementation Partners and Contracts Specialists. With Leadership Solutions Partners, negotiates design and delivery scope with clients within established guidelines.
- Participates as part of the Americas Sales group, sharing best practices, learning about new CCL products and offerings and how best to integrate with clients, and supporting team and enterprise goals.
- Graduate business degree (or progress towards) or Bachelor’s degree and commensurate experience required.
- 6-10 years proven consultative sales experience with corporate clients preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in targeting and prospecting for new clients.
- Demonstrated ability in successfully managing client to build profitable business.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability and desire to work with and credibly present to diverse levels of a prospect’s personnel, including senior executives in both formal and informal settings.
- Demonstrated ability to advance large-scale account opportunities, resulting in revenue generation.
- Demonstrated account team leadership ability (through successful supervisory experience, or accountability for generating positive results through others).
- Ability to gather and assimilate data quickly (through data sources and conversations), making connections that gives a client deeper insight and increases their readiness to purchase.
- Flexible, adaptable with clients, colleagues and organization needs.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills.
- Proven organizational and planning skills.
- Skilled in Windows PC environment and CRM data management.
- Up to 25% travel required.