Carolina Veterinary Specialists
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Carolina Veterinary Specialists
- 11-Jul-2019 (EST)
- Greensboro, NC, USA
- Full Time
Carolina Veterinary Specialists in Greensboro is now accepting applications for the role of Technician Supervisor for the Daytime and Emergency Service. A crucial member of the management team, the Technician Supervisor serves as an advocate, mentor, leader, and resource for medical support staff.
The role of Technician Supervisor requires a dependable, compassionate, self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, strong sense of team spirit and exceptional verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate will apply critical thinking and enthusiasm to their workload and will be motivated to pursue continuing education on an individual as well as a team level. S/he should also possess leadership skills and exceptional veterinary knowledge and technical skills. Candidates must demonstrate respect and professionalism in all regards and must clearly exhibit an understanding and respect for confidentiality.
We're looking for a mature, optimistic, and organized individual who is ready to lead by example! The Technician Supervisor coordinates closely with the hospital manager in all aspects of medical support staff supervising including scheduling, performance evaluation, professional development, enforcement of hospital policy and procedure, and conflict resolution.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a veterinary technician
- Clinical proficiency
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (work requires lifting, carrying, and restraining animals with assistance from other staff members for animals weighing over 50 pounds)
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to handle stressful situations in an effective, patient manner
- Schedule flexibility and the ability to complete assigned tasks which may occasionally require extended or altered work hours in order to do so. Schedule will require working evenings, holidays and weekends.
Additional preferred competencies:
- Possess a current state veterinary technician license and/or are eligible to become registered in the state of North Carolina
- Natural abilities in the areas of leadership, team-building, interpersonal skills, and communication
For immediate consideration, apply at www.carolinavet.com