Camping World, Good Sam
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Gander Outdoors-Customer Service Associate (PT)
at Camping World, Good Sam
One of the best things about spending time outdoors are the stories waiting to be told. Gander Outdoors, part of the Camping World family, is the leading outdoor retailer that operates in local communities and online to serve all our customers, no matter where they live. We are outdoor enthusiasts who provide regionally, and seasonally relevant products priced competitively to fit your family's outdoor needs.
With local stores across the nation and a website that helps you get the gear you need when you need it, we invite you to go write your story. Who knows? Maybe a new career is the perfect next chapter.
- Drive the business to success by delivering metrics and achieving success on the Leaderboard.
- Facilitate a positive checkout experience.
- Connect with customers by asking open ended questions, recommending solutions, answering customer questions, and graciously listening to and denoting customer concerns.
- Restock merchandise to ensure the department and merchandise displays are organized and fully stocked.
- Involvement in the community to promote the brand and stay informed concerning competitors.
- Demonstrate safe practices and procedures in store by adhering to company standards.
- Re-ticket merchandise to ensure accuracy
- Ensure firearms are properly handled during the check in process at the front of the store.
- Ensure federal, state and local compliance to protect the store's FFL and adhere to company policy on the handling and inventory of firearms.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Education/Years of Experience:
- High school diploma as appropriate for age or working towards a high school diploma, GED or equivalent required with 1 + years prior retail experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a minimum of 17 years of age.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrates ethical and honest behavior in day-to-day interactions and business decisions.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, interpersonal, leadership skills are required to interact with all levels of the company.
- Demonstrate the ability to motivate the team to meet and exceed sales goals through excellent selling skills.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to effectively maneuver in a Windows environment and through Microsoft Office products.
- Able to freely access all areas of the register area by standing, walking, stooping, crawling, crouching, and kneeling; ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability for infrequent overnight travel.
- May be required to show proof of ability to possess a firearm per federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We don't just accept diversity - we support it, celebrate it and thrive on it for the benefit of our associates, our customers and our company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we strive to think outside - and not simply check - the box.