Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager of Custom Architectural Millwork Manufacturer
at BMC FootPrints
If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPN86QvnkfU
The primary function of the Project Manager is to execute millwork contracts obtained by the estimating team from start to finish.
- Review project scope with the estimator and draftsman. Coordinate submittals, revisions, material orders, cut-list, etc. to ensure task are completed on time to meet the General Contractor Schedule.
- Attend mandatory weekly jobsite meetings. Obtain General contractor scheduled millwork delivery date. Perform field measurements for millwork. Coordinate with draftsman to generate a casework cut-list.
- order all materials not included in the in the casework scope (examples 3-form, doors, hardwood, specialty hardware, veneers) and follow up to ensure delivery dates fall in line with project schedule.
- Schedule installation and inspection processes with required work crews or subcontractors
- Review all building plans or blue prints to determine questions or possible issues. Work with General Contractor or Subcontractors to resolve issues and keep project moving.
- Prepare inspection (Punch List) for work crews or subcontractors and follow up to ensure completion
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Minimum education required: High School Diploma
- Special skills required: Ability to read and interpret blueprints. Broad knowledge of all facets of commercial custom millwork construction and install. Previous experience working with installation crews. Ability to interpret contracts and legal agreements. Excellent communication, interpersonal customer relations skills. Ability to work with and motivate personnel.
- Special knowledge required: Detailed knowledge of millwork manufacturing, specifications and costs. Knowledge of building code and inspection processes.
- Computer literate. Ability to work in a variety of environments and climates.
- Ability to work with general Contractors and installers to meet scheduling requirements
- Strong mathematical skills a plus
- Minimum experience required: 5 years of experience working in custom millwork and 3 years supervising work groups and managing subcontractors.