Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SQL Application Support Analyst
at Apex Analytix
A snapshot of what you would do:
The key function of the Application Support Analyst I is to provide technical leadership and support for APEX’s apexportal Solutions software applications. The right candidate will have the ability to interact with clients on a needed basis and help identify, troubleshoot and address support tickets. This person will possess a strong, broad IT background including knowledge of software implementation processes and both software-as-a-service and on premise solutions. Required location is working onsite in our Greensboro, NC Office.
- Manage and resolve technical support tickets.
- Partner with Product Manager and R&D teams to prioritize support tickets.
- Facilitate effective and proactive communications with both internal and external customers.
- Test product-level functionality and new releases. Identify and communicate areas for improvement.
- Serve as the technical expert for our client software implementations.
- Manage software upgrades on scheduled date.
- Serve as a primary contact for our client’s IT department.
- Troubleshoot network, database, and software problems for our client implementations.
- Configure system settings and options, and execute unit/integration/acceptance testing.
- Create rules and data transfer mappings using SQL query.
- Present technical overview of apexportal and technical requirements to clients when planning upgrades.
- Manage setup of technical environment for hosted clients.
- Lead testing of those interfaces. Includes reconciling data between clients ERP system(s) and apex
- Work with Help Desk personnel to resolve client installation issues.
- Responsible for the overall security of systems they will be administering including protecting client data and reporting situations which may provide unintentional elevated access. The employee will regularly review corporate policies and will enforce the policies documented in the Apex Corporate Security Standards.
- Exposure to SQL Server
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Excel and Outlook)
- Exposure to scripting languages (C#, VB.NET)
- Windows networking, including IIS and Windows security admin.
- Knowledge of FTP, secure FTP, and PGP.
- Knowledge of using Command Prompt and its commands.
- 1-2 years of experience in SQL, SSIS and IIS
- Fluent or strong background in Spanish preferred but not required
- 1-2 years of experience in a software application support or implementation role
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
APEX Analytix is the leading provider of trusted supplier data; supplier portal software; controls, audit and analytics software; and AP recovery audit services. We protect over $5 trillion in spend and prevent or recover over $3 billion in overpayments annually, and our client portals actively support over 3 million suppliers. Our software and audit services are built on our SmartVM® database of over 20 million supplier records with contacts, scored for accuracy and age, based on integration with over 650 external data sources and over 10 million communications with suppliers each year. APEX Archimedes™, an advanced cognitive technology and innovation system, supported by IBM Watson®, is integrated into APEX Analytix software and services to harness the power of the future through smarter recoveries, controls, analytics, working capital and supplier data. We serve over 250 Fortune 500/Forbes Global 2000 clients around the world and are fluent in languages covering 98 percent of global trade.
At APEX Analytix, our culture drives everything! We live our culture of performance, respect, candor and fun—in that order. Performance is measured by delivering value to our clients, generating goodwill, trust and partnership. Sincere respect for each other, our diverse backgrounds and our well-being are our cornerstones. We value open and honest relationships with each other, our clients and our communities. And, life is too short to not have fun! We look for team players who possess the qualities of being humble, hungry and smart. We recruit candidates who will strive for accountability in performance and career growth, serving our clients in long-term respectful relationships, and working in a diverse and caring environment.
We owe our growing success to our team of bright, passionate, and innovative individuals. We truly value our associates and strive to provide the highest quality benefits program, offering competitive compensation packages with tailored bonus plans and generous benefits. Our benefits include health and insurance plans (medical, dental, optical, life insurance, disability insurance, FSA, HSA employee assistance program, supplemental insurance options and pre-paid legal), a generous paid time off plan, 401k plan, flexible work schedules, wellness programs (company fitness and weight loss challenges, financial wellness software tool, and gym membership stipend), associate and customer referral bonus programs, and paid community hours. And here at APEX Analytix, you won’t get lost in the shuffle. Our focus on internal training, growth and development results in annually filling over a quarter of our open positions with internal promotions! With resources such as a strong Mentor Program, Internal Training Portal, plus Education, Tuition, and Certification Assistance, we provide tools for our associates to grow and develop. If you are looking for a place to shine, come join the team!