Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Desktop Support Engineer
at Apex Analytix
A snapshot of what you would do:
The Desktop Support Engineer role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and
maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing,
repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PC, terminals,
printers and scanners) to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem
areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user
assistance where required. Required location is working onsite in our Greensboro, NC Office.
• Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Enterprise Applications running on Microsoft Terminal Services
• Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of Windows applications and networking problems to help
• Troubleshooting network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment for local users in Greensboro
• When the restoration is beyond the scope of the Desktop Support Engineer, the Desktop Support Engineer
will escalate the issue/problem to proper tier 3 support team member
• Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Suite and any other authorized
• Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot printers, computer hardware and any other authorized
• Performs remedial repairs on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment
• Returns defective equipment/parts to maintenance inventory, documents customer repairs, maintains and
restocks assigned parts inventory to insure proper spare parts levels
• Dealing with hardware and application support queries and issues reported to the support desk and
escalated to the Desktop Support Engineer
• User account administration, i.e., account creation and management and password resets on Active
• Responsible for tracking hardware and software inventory
• Familiarize end users on basic software, hardware and peripheral device operation
• Take ownership and responsibility of queries, issues and problems assigned to the Desktop Support
• Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical issues within the desktop environment
• Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible
• Arranges for and/or prepares equipment for shipping/receiving
• The person should be prepared / willing to do any other reasonable and lawful instruction/task and ensure
that it is normally carried out on time and correct.
• On-site role with requirement to attend issues in person/over the phone/using remote tools.
• Learning & Researching
• Planning & Organizing
• Excellent technical knowledge of laptops and desktop hardware and operating systems.
• Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories.
• Software and Hardware Troubleshooting
• Windows 10, Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012/2016 experience and Office 365 understanding
• Professional image and grooming with Self-confidence and interpersonal skills
• Good communication (both verbal and written), Planning and organizing skills
• Able to operate effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members
• Able to operate with minimal supervision
• Able to maintain professional demeanor under stress
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2 years equivalent work
• Industry certifications A and N
APEX Analytix is the leading provider of trusted supplier data; supplier portal software; controls, audit and analytics software; and AP recovery audit services. We protect over $5 trillion in spend and prevent or recover over $3 billion in overpayments annually, and our client portals actively support over 3 million suppliers. Our software and audit services are built on our SmartVM® database of over 20 million supplier records with contacts, scored for accuracy and age, based on integration with over 650 external data sources and over 10 million communications with suppliers each year. APEX Archimedes™, an advanced cognitive technology and innovation system, supported by IBM Watson®, is integrated into APEX Analytix software and services to harness the power of the future through smarter recoveries, controls, analytics, working capital and supplier data. We serve over 250 Fortune 500/Forbes Global 2000 clients around the world and are fluent in languages covering 98 percent of global trade.
At APEX Analytix, our culture drives everything! We live our culture of performance, respect, candor and fun—in that order. Performance is measured by delivering value to our clients, generating goodwill, trust and partnership. Sincere respect for each other, our diverse backgrounds and our well-being are our cornerstones. We value open and honest relationships with each other, our clients and our communities. And, life is too short to not have fun! We look for team players who possess the qualities of being humble, hungry and smart. We recruit candidates who will strive for accountability in performance and career growth, serving our clients in long-term respectful relationships, and working in a diverse and caring environment.
We owe our growing success to our team of bright, passionate, and innovative individuals. We truly value our associates and strive to provide the highest quality benefits program, offering competitive compensation packages with tailored bonus plans and generous benefits. Our benefits include health and insurance plans (medical, dental, optical, life insurance, disability insurance, FSA, HSA employee assistance program, supplemental insurance options and pre-paid legal), a generous paid time off plan, 401k plan, flexible work schedules, wellness programs (company fitness and weight loss challenges, financial wellness software tool, and gym membership stipend), associate and customer referral bonus programs, and paid community hours. And here at APEX Analytix, you won’t get lost in the shuffle. Our focus on internal training, growth and development results in annually filling over a quarter of our open positions with internal promotions! With resources such as a strong Mentor Program, Internal Training Portal, plus Education, Tuition, and Certification Assistance, we provide tools for our associates to grow and develop. If you are looking for a place to shine, come join the team!