Job: Portfolio Manager - CUFBL (Greensboro, NC)
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
San Antonio Federal Credit Union (SACU) seeks a Portfolio Manager for a growing Credit Union. The Portfolio Manager is a part of SACU's MH Lending Eastern Region (Greensboro, NC) Team.
- Manage and improve the operational capacity and productivity to effectively originate and collect manufactured home loans within the cost constraints of the business so that the total business unit meets profitability targets.
- Lead the operation by establishing sound policies and work design to enable the effective origination, collection, and disposal of repossession and foreclosures with full commitment by staff in pursuit of goals
- Ensure that objectives and expectations are clear and succinctly defined and documented for all roles that fall within the scope of accountability.
- Monitor, measure, and evaluate the performance of direct reports. Administer periodic performance evaluations to direct reports that provide feedback and propose compensation adjustments when appropriate.
- Ensure the integrity and consistency of the communication and implementation of policies, procedures, and processes that align activities to business strategy and compliance with the law and internal policy.
- Monitor and manage customer service quality standards to ensure the operation meets or exceeds those expectations to build and support a strong value proposition for our targeted consumer segment.
- Provide for effective coordination and integration of processes among the interrelated business functions that fall within the scope of accountability as well as with other units within the credit union
- Monitor, measure, and report on the performance and concentration trends in the loan portfolio for the purpose of considering making a policy change recommendation.
- Co-develop business cases and pro formas for new product lines with the Marketing and Sales Manager to identify credit risk expectations, assess impact to operational capacity, and forecast profitability.
- Develop capabilities of direct reports to maximize their output in their current role and the future capabilities of indirect reports to create a pool of talent to support succession or expansion plans.
- Monitor macroeconomic data at multiple levels that influences change in the performance of the loan portfolio
- Develop and publish 1-2 year business plans that lead to the attainment of strategic goals of the region.
- Develop, propose, and manage to an annual budget for the areas of accountability
SACU has been building strong member relationships for over 75 years! SACU is one of the top performing credit unions in asset size, number of members and loan amounts, and provides a full spectrum of consumer retail financial products and services: checking accounts; investments; insurance; savings accounts; mobile and online banking and bill payment; telephone banking; and a large network of ATMs. Loan products include: home loans, home equity loans and lines, manufactured home loans, auto and leisure vehicle loans, credit cards, personal signature loans, and education loans. San Antonio Federal Credit Union, a full-service consumer services banking institution, was founded over 75 years ago and now serves a membership that has grown to more than 263,000 members. SACU is located in San Antonio, TX and Houston, TX serving its members through a network of 17 branches as well as through the Manufactured Home Division nationally. The organization has approximately 675 employees. SACU is a $2.9B credit union with net revenues of $125MM.
SACU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Skills / Requirements
- 4 years management experience in a financial services environment
- 5 years underwriting experience rendering and conveying loan decisions using applicant and credit report data
- 2 years of experience collecting delinquent loans
- 2 years of experience in the management of or directly involved in processing, closing and funding of loans
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in managing other managers preferred
- Underwriting indirect loans preferred
- Collections experience of consumer or residential loans preferred
- Manufactured housing lending experience preferred
- Must be able to interpret, formulate, implement, and develop a system to insure the operation is in compliance with law and credit and collection policy
- Possess a deep understanding of sound and sustainable lending principles
- Knowledge of laws that regulate lending and collecting activities
- Skilled at proactively solving problems that may emerge in a time horizon up to 2 years
- Skilled at analyzing empirical data when making changes that affect current and future business.
- Can create a positive work culture where ideas can be freely shared and new concepts explored
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be an avid and objective learner
- Must be computer savvy and possess intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Possess mathematical skills to execute or validate algebraic and statistical computations
- Organize and direct company resources in a productive manner
- Must be able to represent CUFBL in a professional manner within the business community
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships.
- Basic understanding of how to measure productive capacity and its utilization.
- Basic knowledge of the content and purpose of an Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- Monday – Friday: 08:30 a.m. - 05:30 p.m.